Hey! I’m Joel Rochester, a teenage book blogger,
traveller of the worlds and self-titled
Prince of Stories.
I aim to have as many titles as Daenerys Targaryen so I think this is a good start. It’s so nice to meet you!
I’m a dedicated bibliophile (book dragon), an amateur writer and I hope to continue dedicating my life to books. My lifetime aspiration is to become a published author but, I also want to read a lot of books which means that I have no time for the fifty other hobbies that I have. The most noteworthy ones, in my opinion, would be mythology, astronomy, computers, video gaming, home decoration, and baking.
In terms of writing, I wrote my very first novel when I was 13 for NaNoWriMo and it was terrible. But, I knew from then writing stories was something I wanted to pursue. I am a firm believer in diversity and feel that everyone should be represented in a story. I want to write fantasy novels about diverse characters and sharing their stories while kicking some serious ass, with my current work in progress being just that.
Launched in 2017, Fictional Fates is where I hope to share my love of reading with other bookworms by raving about books through reviews and other bookish posts, and also my love of writing by taking you along my journey of writing my first novel I want to publish.
Are you ready to join me on my journey of self-fulfillment?
1) I’m from Wales and we have a dragon on our flag. I will breathe fire at you if angered.
2) I’m an INFJ, Ravenclaw and will always be forever drowning in my TBR pile.
3) Coffee! Tea! Red Velvet Cake! Hot beverages and desserts are just the bomb.com.
4) I play a lot of video games. I will not hesitate to destroy you in Overwatch. I’m also a keen player of TES, Dragon Age and The Sims.
5) I’ve won NaNoWriMo four times, that’s at least 200,000 words written over four years!
6) I’m a lover of American and Korean Dramas.
7) Hamilton. Sister Act. Wicked. Dear Evan Hansen. Musicals <3
Come say hi to me on one of my social medias below!