I hate that Heartless is a standalone novel, I wanted so much more from this story. The backstory of the infamous Queen of Hearts, the main villain in Alice in Wonderland was one of trials, tribulations, and terror. It was awesome to see how Cath's character changed throughout in her negative character arc, seeing an innocent girl turn into the Queen of Hearts. Meyer manages to add her own touch to the story, providing a new perspective on the world of Wonderland and enriching it for new readers to explore. Read More
The cover was perhaps what drew me to the book most (I mean look at it, it's beautiful), but the story was still equally as amazing. I loved how I was drawn into a game which changed when I least expected it, and how the world of where Caraval takes place was excellently explored but left enough for me to want the sequel.
Caraval is a magical book, there are moments of humor, romance, tragedy, and mystery and it was glorious. The prose was excellent, the pacing was slow at first but quickly picked up and each character was a mystery waiting to be solved. Read More
Hey friends! I’m Joel, the main writer here at Fictional Fates. I’m a reader and writer who advocates for more diversity in literature.
Join the Story Explorers Guild
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi | A Must Read for 2018! 95 Likes
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao | Evil Queens Reign Forever 40 Likes
- I DO NOT TRUST YOU by Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz | BLOG TOUR 40 Likes
- Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh | A Warrior Is Never Weak 27 Likes
- Wunderkids Part 1 by Jacqueline Silvester | YA Costumes That Are Already in Your Closet! 23 Likes
Leigh Bardugo15 % (2 months ago)15 % (2 months ago)
- 27,155 hits