julie c. dao
I took pleasure in consuming the story of Xifeng and her ascension to the Imperial Palace. The interest I took in court intrigue, the world and the rivalry between the concubines was enough to keep me reading. The prose was beautiful and captivating, it was SO ELEGANT!! The descriptions of the many parts of the Imperial Palace and the Great Forest were so appealing and beautiful, I loved the world that I was exploring.
A fair warning to say however that this story isn’t for the faint hearted as there are a few graphic descriptions within the story. However, they helped paint a vivid image in my mind, no matter how disturbing it might’ve been! Let’s just hope no one wants to come after my heart for some lifeblood. Read More
Hey friends! I’m Joel, the main writer here at Fictional Fates. I’m a reader and writer who advocates for more diversity in literature.
Join the Story Explorers Guild
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi | A Must Read for 2018! 91 Likes
- A Year Of Creativity | 2018 Goals & January TBR 42 Likes
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao | Evil Queens Reign Forever 37 Likes
- NaNoWriMo 101 | The Basics of NaNoWriMo 35 Likes
- I DO NOT TRUST YOU by Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz | BLOG TOUR 31 Likes
- 24,558 hits