I took pleasure in consuming the story of Xifeng and her ascension to the Imperial Palace. The interest I took in court intrigue, the world and the rivalry between the concubines was enough to keep me reading. The prose was beautiful and captivating, it was SO ELEGANT!! The descriptions of the many parts of the Imperial Palace and the Great Forest were so appealing and beautiful, I loved the world that I was exploring.
A fair warning to say however that this story isn’t for the faint hearted as there are a few graphic descriptions within the story. However, they helped paint a vivid image in my mind, no matter how disturbing it might’ve been! Let’s just hope no one wants to come after my heart for some lifeblood. Read More
I hate that Heartless is a standalone novel, I wanted so much more from this story. The backstory of the infamous Queen of Hearts, the main villain in Alice in Wonderland was one of trials, tribulations, and terror. It was awesome to see how Cath's character changed throughout in her negative character arc, seeing an innocent girl turn into the Queen of Hearts. Meyer manages to add her own touch to the story, providing a new perspective on the world of Wonderland and enriching it for new readers to explore. Read More
Hey friends! I’m Joel, the main writer here at Fictional Fates. I’m a reader and writer who advocates for more diversity in literature.
Join the Story Explorers Guild
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi | A Must Read for 2018! 95 Likes
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao | Evil Queens Reign Forever 40 Likes
- I DO NOT TRUST YOU by Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz | BLOG TOUR 39 Likes
- Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh | A Warrior Is Never Weak 27 Likes
- Wunderkids Part 1 by Jacqueline Silvester | YA Costumes That Are Already in Your Closet! 23 Likes
Searching for something to read!
- 26,614 hits