strange the dreamer
I am in love with Lazlo Strange. A weird confession but I'm also in love with the entire world that this book is set in. The Kingdom of Zosma and the City of Weep are fantastical places filled with imagination, knowledge and an intriguing mystery.
Everyone has forgotten the real name of the City of Weep and it has led Lazlo on a quest to discovering where the city lies, while also getting involved in other events along the way. The prose and pacing were excellent and the world building felt subtle and like coats of paint. Taylor let one coat of world-building dry before she added another and it felt natural.
As a lover of myths as well, I loved how much they were incorporated into the story and how they affected the plot overall. There was just so much that I kept cheering and fanboying over in the novel. I couldn't help but love the story the more I read it. Read More
Hey friends! I’m Joel, the main writer here at Fictional Fates. I’m a reader and writer who advocates for more diversity in literature.
Join the Story Explorers Guild
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi | A Must Read for 2018! 82 Likes
- A Year Of Creativity | 2018 Goals & January TBR 36 Likes
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao | Evil Queens Reign Forever 35 Likes
- NaNoWriMo 101 | The Basics of NaNoWriMo 32 Likes
- Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh | A Warrior Is Never Weak 27 Likes
- 23,030 hits